Portland's Favorite Plumber Since 1982
You Can Count on Us!
Repiping in Portland
Nothing lasts forever and that also applies to your plumbing. Eventually, every home will need repiping in Portland. Over time, pipes corrode and break down like any other piece of equipment. Eventually, every home will need repiping services. It’s still possible for homes that were built before the 1960’s to still have their original galvanized steel piping. This type of piping is known to corrode and cause heavy build up of rust and lead in the water supply, proving a major health risk for you and your family.
Signs You Need Repiping in Portland
- Discolored water coming from your faucets and fixtures
- Frequent or recurring pipe leaks
- Reductions in water pressure
- Cracks or leaks in exposed pipes
If you’re noticing any of these issues, it’s time to pick up a phone and call the pros at Cornel’s for a discussion about repiping services in your Portland home. We have a wide variety of repiping solutions available to replace just about any pipe you may have; from city meter to your entire home. Cornel’s has you covered!
We understand that every home repiping job is different and depending on the state of your plumbing system, you have multiple options on how to proceed with your repiping service. We’re here to walk you through what’s available and help you figure out what’s best for your Portland area home.
- Total Replacement: A total replacement is needed when your entire plumbing system is out of date, or the damage to the pipes is severe. This method is also useful when you remodel your home.
- Exposed Replacement: A cost-saving option would be to have the pipes that are easy to access and exposed replaced. This is a temporary fix, but can solve some major leak or corrosion problems that exist. While still valid, this may not prevent the need for full replacement in the future. In any case, the pipes not being replaced will be investigated with a camera to ensure that they are in perfect working order.
- PEX Piping: PEX is flexible piping that can be worked into the existing pipes. This option lets us repair or replace your pipes without breaking down any walls.
Benefits of a Whole Home Repipe
While having all the pipes in your home replaced may seem like a daunting task, sometimes it’s the most effective solution to long-term plumbing problems. Small issues build up over time, and the cost of fixing many leaks over the course of a few years will end up costing more than the repipe itself. What’s more is that replacing old pipes with new ones increases your property’s value in the long run.
Call Cornel’s today and ask us about our whole home repiping services in Portland and the surrounding areas!
Don’t take our word for it. Listen to any one of our many happy customers on Google Reviews!